Committed to Success
In today’s Empire episode, Bedros Keuilian deep dives with Nick Koumalatsos, a 12 year Special Operations Marine Corps veteran with Marine Reconnaissance and Marine Special Operations Command.
Nick is now an entrepreneur, philanthropist, producer, and father of two. He is the author of Ex-Communicated Warrior, 7-Stages of Transition, and co-author of fitness training books: USMC Prep, Recon Prep, and Marine Raider Prep.
Along with his wife, Allison, they own Snap Fitness, Ship On Site, Survival, and Tactical Systems, and Miserable Cows. Nick is also co-owner of Johnny Slicks, an organic grooming essentials company.
Nick shares with us his story of a rebellious young man with two felonies, why failure is only temporary, how infrastructure in your business is key to success, the difference between being involved and committed, and so much more. To say Nick is committed to success is an understatement.
“You show me one successful person, and I’ll show you the same man that failed fifteen times to get there.”
What you don’t want to miss:
- 2:35 Being raised by a single mother and getting involved with the wrong crowd
- 6:00 The self-realization that led Nick to join the Marine Corp and getting denied
- 10:10 Going against the grain and never taking no for an answer
- 12:20 The “factory-installed” drive that many entrepreneurs poses and steps to develop this skillset
- 15:40 Developing the right belief system and taking the action
- 17:00 Why you should look at failure as a temporary defeat
- 21:05 The importance of influence and the right people pushing you
- 23:00 How 9/11 changed a generation and going to war
- 28:30 Knowing when to be the hammer and when to be the scalpel
- 30:45 Overcoming negative behavior and being in charge of your success
- 32:30 Impacting lives and writing for a broader audience
- 37:37 Running seven businesses and constantly chasing the shiny object
- 40:05 Finding a passion for production and returning to school after 20 years
- 43:38 Pushing through the craziness of 2020 and getting raided by law enforcement
- 46:40 Selling hair products out of a briefcase and the importance of persistence
- 49:50 The difference between being involved and being committed
- 53:00 How creating infrastructure builds more opportunity for your business
- 56:20 Finding the right business partner and creating multiple streams of revenue
- 1:01:20 Training for the AGOGE and gaining back your warrior mindset
- 1:04:04 Building a routine that serves you and getting the desired outcome
- 1:06:07 Offering an online training program and the confidence it takes to raise prices
Connect with Nick Koumalatsos
Purchase Nick’s book the Ex-Communicated Warrior, 7-Stages of Transition https://www.nickkoumalatsos.com/excommunicated-warrior
Connect with Bedros Keuilian:
Buy Man Up and get Bedros’ High-Performance Leadership Course for FREE: https://manup.com/
Subscribe to My Channel for weekly videos: http://www.youtube.com/bedroskeuilian/?sub_confirmation=1